Pattern: Granny Circle Square


I've been working on some granny squares for a blanket lately. I found a pattern for "Retro Circles" at Three Beans in a Pot, but because the yarn I use is lighter, I needed to adjust the pattern to make the squares larger.


They are now measuring 12,5 x 12,5 cm, which still is small for squares, and I still have to make a lot more (140 in total!) :-) But I like the look and therefor I'd like to share the pattern with you.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I didn't manage to capture the pattern on the white yarn and had to turn down the brightness and contrast a lot.


Material:

  • whatever yarn you like, at least 2 contrasting colors
  • Hook size matching the yarn
The thicker the yarn, the larger the square gets ;-)

Instructions:

Needed skills: US terms: magic circle (click here for a video tutorial), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc), treble crochet (trc), slip stitch (slst) and chains (ch)

!!! Rounds 2-5 and Round 7 are being worked into backloop (bl) only !!!

Round 1: make a magic circle and make 12 dc, pull tight and slst into first dc. (12)






Round 2: make 2 dc into every bl, slst (24)



Round 3: make *1 dc into bl, 2 dc into next bl* around, slst (36)



Round 4: make *1 dc into bl twice, 2 dc into next bl* around, slst (48)



Round 5: make * 1 dc into bl three times, 2 dc into next bl* around, slst, finish off (60)



Round 6: change color, start anywhere, work into whole stitch (not only bl), make * 4 sc, 2 hdc, 2 dc, 1 trc, (2 trc, 3 ch, 2 trc) into one stitch, 1 trc, 2 dc, 2 hdc* around (= 4 times), slst. The 4 trc and 3 ch into one stitch make the corners.




Round 7: make hdc into bl around, but in the chains of the corners make: 2 hdc in 1st chain, (1 hdc, 2 ch, 1 hdc) in 2nd chain, 2 hdc in 3rd chain.


Slst and finish off.



I guess, the blanket will be finished in late summer, I will be posting pictures along the way.

I hope you like the pattern, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to leave a comment below :-)

until next time,
hooky hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger - Abo

Email - subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me