Designmarkt Edelstoff_03 and new books


Today (and tomorrow) there was a fair in Vienna called Designmarkt Edelstoff_03. It's a place where young, unknown designers can present and sell their handmade products. Designers from Austria, Hungary and Czech Republic were selling clothes, bags and jewels, paintings, pottery and small furniture. Here you can find further information.
© Edelstoff
What can I say? I ended up spending a lot of money ;-) Especially I loved all the bags and purses made of fabric and leather. Also all the jewelry was really beautiful and extraordinary. Actually, all things I saw were just great! I noticed, though, that there weren't a lot of yarn products aviable, I was wondering if that's due to the lack of demand or supply.
I made some pictures I'd like to share:

These 3 jewels were made by POMPOMDESIGN by Borbala Nanai. You can find her at mypompomdesign.blogspot.com and she also has an etsy shop. She told me that she printed the fabrics herself.




There cute fabric-mermaid-dolls were made by a woman whose name I unfortunatelly forgot. But she told be she didn't have a Homepage or shop.
She also made the mustache bag and the hairties I bought.




SuziartBag makes the cutest bags and purses. If I hadn't just bought another bag I'd chosen this one :-) The printing is adorable!


Speaking of bag(s) I bought: Here they are. The black-teal was made by Zazalea by Rita Nyirati, you can find her at zazalea.blogspot.com. The bag is made of fabric and faux leather and can be hand-washed. 


This gem is made (and smells) of real leather :-) It was made by Playbag, see their products at  playbag.cz. The bag was a bit expensive but I was intrigued by the shape and size of it. In the next picture you will see why ;-) 


It will be my new crochet-to-go bag, as it's perfect for 3-4 yarnballs and crochethooks, scissors,.. what do you think?


I also couldn't resist this little silver-plated jewel. It was made by Cselömari, find their products at cselomari.blogspot.com. Their products are cute, simple yet playful.




And last but not least I bought some crochet books, not at the fair but at Amazon ;-)
Interlocking Crochet is a crochet technique were you work two pieces of different colors at the same time and interweave them to create interesting patterns both on the front and backside.


The Handbuch Häkeln (I guess it's the Ultimate Crochet Bible: A Complete Reference with Step-By-Step Techniques in English) is a large collection of different techniques and stitches, suitable both for beginners and advanced hookers.


And lastly I got Learn to do tunisian lace stitches, showing different tunesian crochet stitches and matching tunesian crochet hooks made of bamboo. I'm a little disappointed because one size was missing and another size was included twice instead.


That's all for today, If you happen to be in or near Vienna I recommend visiting the fair tomorrow :-)

until soon,
hooky hugs!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger - Abo

Email - subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me